Thursday, May 08, 2008

My Reasons..

It seems that now everyone has a reason not to like Hillary - here are mine:
- Her convenient invention of the Bosnia Sniper fire.
- Her crazy gas tax idea - even she doesn't believe in it. It just sounds like a good gimmick to throw out to her illiterate base.
- Her portrayal that somehow she deserves this nomination and then the presidency. She comes across as though the country owes it to her. Well even if she becomes the President - I dislike her just for patronizing the general public. No one is born to get the biggest prize - you gotta go and get it. Oh - and Bush is different.
- Her fear mongering tactics - the 3 AM AD, the Osama AD. Its just plain wrong. She proved that she is no better than the republicans. Really - terribly poor taste.
- Her speeches. They are just plane and ordinary: "I had so fun with him and enjoyed doing that". Contrast that with Obama's fiery oratory after the NC/Indiana primary and you will know what I am talking about.

"I love this country too much to see it divided and distracted at this critical moment in history. I believe in our ability to perfect this nation because it's the only reason I'm standing here today. I know the promise of America because I've lived it...it is the light of opportunity that led my father across an ocean, it's the founding ideals that the flag draped over my father's coffin stand for. It's life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In this country justice can be won against the greatest odds...and when we are told that we can not bring about the change that we seek, we answer in one voice: Yes we can!"
And
"The attempts to play on our fears and exploit our differences, to turn us against each other for political gain, to slice and dice this country into red states and blue states, blue collar and white collar, white, black, brown, young, old, rich, poor ... this is the race we expect, no matter whether it's myself or Senator Clinton who is the nominee. The question then is not what kind of campaign they will run; it's what kind of campaign we will run."
You gotta look at the whole thing to appreciate it more:

No comments: